Development Charges

Development charges are fees paid for new developments, re-developments, change of use, and expansions for residential and non-residential buildings or structures. Changing a building’s use from residential to non-residential or from industrial to commercial may result in development charges.

Development charges may apply if you are:

  • Constructing a new building
  • Making an addition or alteration to an existing building, which increases the total floor area or number of units
  • Re-developing a property or properties, which results in a change of use
  • Making interior alterations that result in a change of use to all or part of a building or unit

For more information, the current rates and a development charge calculator, visit the City of Vaughan’s Development Charges page.

You might also be interested in:

Office Development Incentives

Vaughan office space is in high demand, so the City of Vaughan is expanding the...

Learn More

Vaughan Metropolitan Centre Website

The Vaughan Metropolitan Centre (VMC) is an emerging downtown poised to be the financial, innovation...

Learn More

Corporate Visits

Are you short on time but eager to learn more about Vaughan’s economy or how...

Learn More

Tax Rates

Property taxes are levied and collected by the City of Vaughan in order for the...

Learn More
View all resources