The construction sector in Vaughan has been experiencing unprecedented construction activity reaching a value of $1.14 billion in building permits in 2018. Home to many of Canada’s top builders, developers, contractors and building material suppliers, this sector is supported by a large and concentrated workforce in the construction trades and engineering.
- The second-largest sector in Vaughan by employment and number of businesses.
- Vaughan is home to three state-of-the-art training centres operated by the College of Carpenters and Allied Trades Inc. (CCAT) and Labourers’ International Union of North America (LiUNA) Local 183, delivering the most comprehensive training programs that are meant to simulate a true construction setting.
- Vaughan has a very high concentration of construction talent with a location quotient of 2.3.
- High economic spin-offs anchored by strong local industry verticals, including advanced manufacturing, retail and wholesale trade, professional and business services and technology.
- Since 2010, the City of Vaughan has issued over $10.8 billion in building construction permits.
Industrial, Commercial, Institutional
To get the most out of this dashboard, check out our PowerBI Quick Start Guide.