Vaughan Enterprise Zone
The Vaughan Enterprise Zone (VEZ) is a vast business area with significant goods-movement infrastructure in Vaughan’s west end. It borders Toronto, Brampton and Caledon, covering a total area of 1,668 hectares (4,122 acres). More than a third of the land is developable, offering one of the largest supplies of vacant employment lands in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA).
The VEZ has a powerful value proposition for head offices, national logistics and distribution centres, manufacturing operations and other users needing large, new spaces.
The City has plans to build west Vaughan into an employment hub with 60,000 employees and 50 million square feet of industrial, office and accessory commercial space.
- The VEZ is home to Canadian Pacific (CP)’s largest intermodal terminal, with a handling capacity of more than 600,000 containers annually. Canadian National (CN)’s intermodal Brampton Yard is minutes away.
- The City’s Enterprise Zone is located within 30 minutes of five 400-series highways: 427 (the spine of the VEZ, 6-kilometre expansion opening in 2020), 400, 401, 407 and 410.
- Travel time from the VEZ to Pearson International Airport, Canada’s busiest passenger and cargo airport, is 10 minutes.
- The VEZ is home to 563 businesses employing 16,712 employees, including major distribution centres for FedEx, Home Depot, Longos, Saputo and Sobeys, and headquarters operations for Adidas Canada, Longos, State Window, Anatolia Tile & Stone, and Conair.
Top 5 Sectors by Number of Businesses
- Wholesale Trade
- Professional, Scientific and Technical Services
- Retail Trade
You might also be interested in:
The Vaughan Economic Monitor eNewsletter is a resource from the Vaughan Economic and Cultural Development...