Activate!Vaughan Innovation Program
Activate!Vaughan is a new innovation program that connects high-potential entrepreneurs to market-driven entrepreneurship opportunities and mentorship from industry leaders. The City of Vaughan will deliver five Activate!Vaughan pitch challenges from 2019–2021, each focused on a specific opportunity for innovation.
Check out this recap of the Activate!Vaughan Sustainable Transformation Challenge.
Activate!Vaughan Health Innovation Challenge
Presented by the Province of Ontario and Sterling Industries
Imagine a healthcare system that anticipates individuals’ needs, improves communication between patients and care providers, and delivers as much care as possible to people in their homes, workplaces and communities. The future of healthcare is one where powerful technology will allow for parts of the hospital or clinical experience to happen beyond traditional physical spaces, improving healthcare systems for both providers and patients.
In partnership with Mackenzie Health and the Mackenzie Innovation Institute (Mi2), SE Health, Sterling Industries and ventureLAB, the Activate!Vaughan Health Innovation Challenge has called on entrepreneurs to advance a technology-enabled healthcare system by presenting solutions to four important healthcare and data challenges.
After two months of training and mentorship, five finalists have been selected to pitch their solutions to each of the four problem statements. Tune into our live broadcasts to watch these innovators pitch their solutions for the chance to win funding from a pool of $45,000!
Register to attend the live broadcasts:
- Challenge #1: The Immersed Patient Experience – Monday, November 16, 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Challenge #2: Breaking Down Communication Barriers – Tuesday, November 17, 10:30 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Challenge #3: Toward Smarter Scheduling – Wednesday, November 18, 2:30 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Challenge #4: Innovative Medical Devices – Thursday, November 19, 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Dr. Aviv Gladman, CIO/CMIO, Mackenzie Health
- Amir Soheili, Program Director, Clinical Support Services, Mackenzie Health
- Kiran Govind, Director Digital Strategy and Enablement, SE Health
- David Van Slingerland, CEO, Sterling Industries
- Jane Gertner, VP, Partnerships, ventureLAB
For information regarding future Activate!Vaughan challenges, please contact email@example.com
To launch the Activate!Vaughan Health Innovation Challenge, Mackenzie Health and the Mackenzie Innovation Institute (Mi2), SE Health, Sterling Industries are presenting “reverse pitches” which describe pressing healthcare challenges in need of innovative solutions.
Participating entrepreneurs will be invited to present solutions to one of four problem statements present by our program partners. To learn more about each problem statement, check out the Challenge Briefing below.