Increase your consumers’ confidence
As Vaughan’s economy begins to re-open from the COVID-19 pandemic, Vaughan businesses can assure local customers and future travellers that they can safely dine, shop, and play in Vaughan through two consumer confidence identifiers both supported by City of Vaughan Council:
POST Promise – a self-declaration for any type of business through a national not-for-profit corporation that was built specifically for this effort. It signifies a commitment to implement and practice five key steps to workplace safety, helping to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Safe Travels Stamp – a internationally recognized program through the World Travel and Tourism Corporation and the Tourism Industry Association of Ontario for tourism businesses. It allows travellers to recognize governments and businesses around the world who have adopted health and hygiene global standardized protocols – so visitors can experience “Safe Travels”.
These nationally and internationally recognized identifiers, provide businesses with a visual cue to show customers that it is working hard to prevent the spread of COVID-19 by following public-health measures and support a safe return to in-person experiences.
Increasing consumer confidence is part of an economic resiliency strategy for Vaughan’s Economic and Cultural Development department, inclusive of Tourism Vaughan – the City’s official destination marketing organization.
How to apply
- ALL BUSINESSES: Make the POST Promise on the POST Promise website free of charge. A POST Promise Toolkit with window decals and posters is available for purchase by businesses for $10. Taking the POST Promise is a pre-requisite for the Safe Travels Stamp and the Vaughan Safe Travels Toolkit.
- TOURISM BUSINESSES*: Once you’ve made the POST Promise, apply for the Safe Travels Stamp & Vaughan Safe Travels Toolkit by completing the application form (indicate “POST Promise” as the protocols you are following) and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org with your POST Promise certificate with Cc to email@example.com to receive the Safe Travels Vaughan Toolkit. This includes marketing assets to share the stamp on business websites, social media, e-newsletters and counter signs and window decals, shipped free of charge.
* Retail, sports & recreation, nature & outdoors, meeting & event venues and planners, culinary, attraction/entertainment, arts, culture & heritage, accommodation, and transportation
The POST (‘people outside safely together’) Promise is a self-declaration from a business to its customers and employees that it is working hard to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. The POST Promise signifies a commitment to implement and practice the five key steps to workplace safety, helping to prevent the spread of COVID-19. It is run by a national not-for-profit corporation that was built specifically for this effort. A POST Promise toolkit is available for purchase by businesses at the cost of $10.
The POST Promise is available to all kinds of businesses and is a pre-requisite for tourism businesses to receive the Safe Travels Stamp in Ontario. It is available to all kinds of businesses. Learn more.
An international stamp designed to allow travelers to recognize governments and businesses around the world who have adopted health and hygiene global standardized protocols – so visitors can experience “Safe Travels”. The Safe Travels Stamp was created by the World Travel and Tourism Council, and in Ontario is issued by the Tourism Industry Association of Ontario.
Increasing consumer confidence through these two consumer confidence identifiers is part of an economic resiliency strategy for Vaughan’s Economic and Cultural Development department, inclusive of Tourism Vaughan – the City’s official destination marketing organization. Tourism Vaughan has received the stamp in addition to local businesses like restaurants, event venues, retail shops, event planners, attractions, and majority of Vaughan hotels.
A free Vaughan Safe Travels Toolkit is available free for businesses who receive the stamp and includes digital assets to download for website, social media and e-newsletter use; and printed assets for counter signs and window decals.
These consumer confidence identifiers signify a commitment from businesses to implement and practice leading health measure to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Communicating participation informs customers, and the employees of a business, that the business is taking part in a collective solution designed to help Canadians and travellers confidently and safely shop and work in businesses during and post the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Post Promise or the Safe Travels Stamp are NOT a “certification” or “approval” from any regulatory body. All businesses are still required to follow the laws and recommended guidelines from their local public health office and government bodies.
Safe Travels Stamp: Operating businesses including hotels, restaurants, airlines, cruise lines, tour operators, attractions, short term rentals, car rentals, outdoor shopping, transportation and airports around the world are eligible to receive the stamp.
POST Promise: Any business across any industry
The five key steps to workplace safety:
- Maintain physical distancing: Keeping a distance of at least 2 meters is the recommended distance.
- Stay home if unwell: Self monitor for symptoms such as cough, fever, difficulty breathing.
- Wear a face covering when required or when safe physical distancing isn’t possible within your place of work, and consistently practice respiratory etiquette. Examples of respiratory etiquette include; cough or sneeze into the bend of your arm or use tissues and dispose of them safely.
- Clean and disinfect regularly.
- Wash and sanitize hands for at least 20 seconds.
Through www.postpromise.com businesses learn about the five key steps to helping prevent the spread of COVID-19 and voluntarily commit to implementing them in their business. Once completed, a business is provided with the communication and implementation tools needed to educate employees and make customers aware of the commitment that has been made.
The World Travel & Tourism Council (“WTTC”), the founding group for the Safe Travels program, represents the global private sector of Travel & Tourism, with a mission to ensure the sector is seamless, secure, safe, inclusive, and sustainable. The WTTC set out to standardize safe travel, developing new global standards and a stamp that would help travelers recognize the businesses and destinations following best practices.
The stamp helps travellers recognize the businesses and destinations that are following best industry and government standard safety practices, saving travelers the hassle and worry of whether or not a certain company is doing enough to keep guests safe.