Connect with global investors and buyers on the margins of Collision 2021
The Canadian Trade Commissioner Service (TCS), in collaboration with its provincial and municipal partners, is organizing a virtual business-to-business (B2B) matchmaking program on the margins of Collision 2021 (April 20 to 22, 2021) to connect innovative Canadian technology companies with global business opportunities.
The B2B matchmaking program is open to Canadian companies and Business Accelerator/Incubators, whether or not they are attending Collision 2021.
Trade commissioners from Austria, Brazil, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, the United States and other countries will connect you with major buyers and venture capitalists (VCs) from their region. We want you to get in on the action!
Who should apply:
- Companies registered in Canada that offer an innovative technology product or service and have the resources and capacity to export it;
- Companies looking to expand their business via sales, partnerships or capital investment; and
- Business Accelerators and Incubators looking to connect with their foreign counterparts, corporates and VCs.
How to participate:
If you meet the criteria above, register by sending a message to email@example.com with your:
- company name;
- city and province;
- business number; and
- how you heard about this program (partners, social media, TCS, etc.).
After you register and qualify, you’ll be provided with an access code to join the TCS B2B platform.
- The B2B platform is not affiliated with the Collision 2021 conference app and does not require a Collision 2021 ticket to access it.
- Once registered on the TCS B2B platform, you will receive further information on setting up a robust profile.
Note: Registering on the platform does not guarantee meetings with foreign buyers/VCs. It is up to the delegate leader/trade commissioner/international delegate to accept meeting requests.
The registration deadline is February 26, 2021, so register now!
Registered companies will receive important updates via email. If you have questions, please contact the TCS@Collision mailbox at firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently asked questions
Q – When will the TCS B2B matchmaking program take place?
A – It will take place from April 12 to 16, 2021, the week prior to Collision 2021.
Q – Will there be dedicated virtual meeting rooms for the TCS B2B program?
A – Yes, companies will be able to have meetings via the TCS B2B platform.
Q – Will there be complimentary passes available for Collision 2021?
A – Canadian companies will not receive complimentary passes to Collision 2021. If you would like to purchase a ticket, please visit the Collision 2021 website.
This program is currently closed. Check back for updates!
Are you a local small business owner with a brick-and-mortar location? Gain access to training and mentorship to help move your business forward by growing your online presence.
Digital Boost supports local small business owners in finding new opportunities during the COVID-19 crisis and beyond. Scale your marketing efforts, strengthen your online presence and deliver compelling content that helps you keep in touch with your current customers and connects you with new business opportunities.
Participants will receive tailored training and mentorship in areas such as:
- Digital marketing skills and strategies
- Launching or improving an e-commerce store
- Developing new product lines or services
- Developing new revenue models, such as curbside pick-up or drop-shipping
- Using data to drive new business opportunities
- Developing financial resiliency
What you can expect to receive:
- Training tailored to help you adapt your business
- Access to free business advisory services
- Access to mentorship from a community of local small business owners
- Tools and resources to help improve your business’ digital presence
- Opportunity to apply for a grant of up to $5,000 in provincial and regional funding to implement your new business strategies
Vaughan’s Economic and Cultural Development Department has partnered with General Assembly, an internationally recognized provider of award-winning education specializing in today’s most in-demand skills, to provide expert training and instruction to help program participants reach their business goals, as well as mentorship opportunities to bring their new digital marketing strategies to life.
Digital Boost Vaughan Small Business Resiliency Program is powered by the Starter Company Plus program, which is funded by the Province of Ontario, along with an additional contribution from the Regional Municipality of York’s Innovation Investment Reserve Fund. We thank the Province of Ontario, York Region, program sponsor The Hub, General Assembly, and the Vaughan Chamber of Commerce for their support.
The Hub is an exclusive, shared office space in Vaughan where entrepreneurs and independent or mobile professionals work in an inspiring and productive co-working atmosphere. All Digital Boost program participants will receive the following offers from The Hub:
- 50% off storage for three months*
- 75% off showroom space for existing customers*
- free mailbox rental for one year when you become a customer at The Hub*
- Two weeks of free co-working for grant recipients
*terms and conditions may apply
For more information on the Digital Boost Business Resiliency Program, please contact us at email@example.com.
This program is powered by Starter Company Plus and the City of Vaughan.
**Please note: Not all program participants will receive a provincial grant, but all are eligible to participate in training.
Grant Eligibility Criteria
Eligible entrepreneurs will have the opportunity to apply for up to $5,000 in micro-grant funding to support the execution of their updated marketing and adaptation strategies.
Eligible businesses must:
- be located in and operate in Vaughan
- As of March 2020, have operated out of a commercial storefront or office space at a location other than the applicant’s principal residence
- have been in full operation as of March 2020
- have access to at least 3 months working capital as of February 1, 2020 (either cash savings or access to credit)
- have not previously received a Starter Company or Starter Company Plus grant
- be an independent business and operate at arm’s length from family business ventures
- have less than 10 full-time employees (or equivalents as of March 1, 2020)
Businesses not eligible to receive funding include:
- Businesses that are home-based or operate strictly online
- Entrepreneurs who have previously received a Starter Company or Starter Company Plus grant
- Incorporated businesses that are controlled directly or indirectly by a person who would not be eligible for a Starter Company Plus Award
- Commissioned sales
- Not-for-profit or charitable enterprises
- Multi-level marketing ventures
To read the complete grant eligibility criteria, and to learn more about the application process and program requirements, please refer to the program outline.